WHY JOIN THE LYDENBURG MASHISHING BUSINESS CHAMBER?
- WHAT IS THE LMBC?
When speaking to new prospective members or businesses that are not members of the LMBC, one of the first questions asked, is why become a member, what is in it for me?
This is perfectly logical, as membership costs you an annual fee. One therefore has to derive tangible advantages or benefits from belonging to such an organisation.
- WHAT DOES THE LMBC ENTAIL?
- The LMBC has made significant strides in promoting business locally. Many of the issues addressed deal with legitimate questions around infrastructure maintenance and providing a workable environment for business. It includes the buy-in from large businesses who have the means and capital to create jobs and channel some funds to issues that concern every business, regardless of its size – Social Responsibility.
- However, working towards an enabling environment for business to flourish, much focus is spent on addressing the big picture issues, such as agreements with the local municipality and larger social needs. In this regard, many small businesses, although they benefit at a different level, do not see tangible advantages of membership and do not see a need to join the LMBC.
- The core business of the LMBC remains involving all businesses, large and small and working towards mutual benefits for all, including ordinary people who are not necessarily business owners.
- The LMBC is however not representative of all businesses and would like to focus more on smaller businesses, who might feel that they are excluded from the process.
- BIG BENEFITS IN MEMBERSHIP:
The LMBC has already provided training for new entrepreneurs and is affiliated to several large business forums on a provincial and national basis. It therefore represents a very strong voice, not only in numbers, but also in capital and the ability to promote and create jobs. Its social responsibility cuts across any traditional divides. Some achievements include:
- Local Economic Development
- Business promotion
- Job Creation
- Leadership development
- Entrepreneurship development, and
- A safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Roads infrastructure and negotiations with Sanral.
- Electricity provision and the establishment of Rooidraai substation.
- THE LMBC MISSION:
Making Lydenburg Mashishing a great place to live in and to do business!
- THE LMBC VISION:
To use its collective strengths as community and business leaders to create a clear path to positive change in Lydenburg and the broader Thaba Chweu Municipal area.
- THE INITIATIVES:
- Create an enabling environment for business to prosper.
- Develop an Industrial Park (Centre of excellence in Manufacturing).
- Develop entrepreneurs.
- Develop leaders.
- Advance Green space and promote healthy living.
- Promote a safer environment.
- Promote Tourism.
- Contribute to infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Provide direct and tangible benefits to members,
- NEW OR PLANNED INITIATIVES AND BENEFITS:
The LMBC is currently looking at a number of ways to improve benefits to members, that may include:
- Involving the Mashishing business community.
- Speed networking – Get to know the various businesses and products.
- Training – Entrepeneurship, tax issues, good client service etc.
- Buy local – Sensitise the public on what products are available at competitive prices and keeping spending capital in town.
- Events – Knowledgeable guest speakers and other events.
- Business cards and a possible info office.
- Possible discounts at participating businesses.
- Providing a voice to the small business owner.
- Recognition on a much larger business forum provincially and nationally.
- An open door to TCM to deal with infrastructure issues.
- Various Memoranda of Understanding with international institutions, institutions of higher learning and government departments and local authorities.
- Access to various experts in the business field.
- Tips and advice on business budgeting, tax breaks, laws that govern business and other financial benefits.
- Competent, experienced and knowledgeable LMBC Executive.
- Networking opportunities.
- Direct financial benefits such as discounts at certain businesses.
- Ethical business practises.
- Participation in the greater good for the entire community.
BEING A PAID UP MEMBER OF LMBC YOU WILL QUALIFY YOU FOR MEANINGFUL DISCOUNTS!
THE LMBC INVITES YOU TO BECOME A MEMBER AND BE PART OF THE SOLUTION